About Cottage Dreams
About Cottage Dreams
Since 2003, Cottage Dreams Cancer Recovery Initiative has been offering cancer survivors the opportunity to spend a week at a donated cottage. This much needed time away with survivors, their friends and families allows them to reflect and celebrate recovery.
- There is no deadline to request a getaway in 2017. We are accepting applications for the 2017 season. The 2017 program season commences in June. Please download the application from our website and mail, email or fax into us.
- Cottage Dreams is available to all Canadian residents of all ages and types of cancer who will have completed their treatment within two years prior to your Cottage Dreams getaway.
- If you are unsure if you can request time away, please call us at (705) 457-9100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 2017 program will be offered from June 4, 2017 to December 15, 2017.
- The visit is Sunday 2:00pm arrival to Friday 12:00pm departure.
- For those who are deemed palliative, please contact our office for more information.
- There is a $100.00 non-refundable application fee. If you qualify for our program you can be assured you will be placed into a cottage for the 2017 season.
- Visitors are required to supply their own groceries and transportation.
- A thorough screening process is in place for all applicants and cottage donors.
- We have a strict no motor boat policy for insurance liability reasons. Non motorized boats are allowed – such as paddle boats, canoes, kayaks, etc.
- We also have a strict no pet policy due to cottage owners allergies etc.
- For cottage owners, a tax receipt can be issued for the cottage donation based on the current market price for a one week rental.
- Our office should be contacted immediately if a problem should arise during the donated week.
- Please contact us if you are unsure if you qualify. To donate your cottage online, please click here.
Please Note: We do our very best to give you the area and dates you request but the more flexible you are, the more likely it is you will be offered a cottage.
The best way to move forward is to apply online and follow-up with our office so you have a greater chance of being matched with your wish list. Please keep in mind that Fall and Winter weeks are great times to get away too.